Thank you Arlene Powers for nominating for the “One Lovely Blog” award.
Arlene is a gifted artist who works with birds and wildlife. She volunteers a lot of time to help the “natives”. Her drawings and paintings are absolutely beautiful. In her own words:
As a wildlife rehabber, I see the effect society has on our shrinking native wildlife populations, slowly robbing them of their environment. My artwork gives me a chance to express the beauty of these feathered, furred and scaled treasures. My hope is that when people see my paintings or drawings, they will fall in love, join me, and take a walk on the wild side. There is much work to be done to make sure that these lives entrusted into our keeping are cared for properly and that native creatures have a place to live wild and free.
Check out her awesome blog and paintings at: http://arlenepowers.wordpress.com
Now for the rules of acceptance:
thank the person/people who nominated you and link back to them in your post. -Share seven possibly unknown things about yourself. -Nominate fifteen or so bloggers you admire. -Contact the chosen bloggers to let them know and link back to them.
Here goes – 7 things you may not know about me:
1. I originally went to college for Architectural Engineering but after year I decided it wasn’t creative enough.
2. I’m afraid of big bridges.
3. Despite being a social butterfly, I have just a few close friends.
4. I prefer pickle juice pops over ice cream any day.
5. Green has always been my favorite color.
6. It hurts me to kill bugs, unless they have attacked me 😦
7. I like to step outside of what people expect me to do every once in a while, just to keep it real.
I would like to nominate 3 bloggers who I think are pretty darn awesome:
- http://arlenepowers.wordpress.com – beautiful artwork and funny commentary by artist Arlene Powers.
- http://becomeabetteryouin365days.com – a very positive, uplifting blog and quotes of the day.
- http://www.texasfunandevents.com – get to know your Georgetown community and check out this very informative blog.
I was supposed to nominate 15 but just don’t have the time to research. I’d rather nominate those that I truly do follow versus giving you blogs that I don’t always read.
Hope you all enjoy these 3 blogs. I do!